Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Imagery That Will Haunt You

I enjoy a good sense of humor on anyone, even my OB/GYN, however there are some things that you just. don't. joke. about. I'm going to put pap smears and pelvic ultrasounds at the top of that list. Here is a truly tasteless postcard I received announcing a new doctor at the practice I go to. All I did was remove the names of the doctors. The rest of the disaster posted below is for reals.


At first glance, it was the "Captain Jelly Fingers" that grossed me out. But now that I've had a chance to really inspect it, I think the worst parts are the speculum in the hand of the yellow crusader and "the wand" (as I affectionately call it) ultrasound attachment on the hip of Ultrasonic Man. 

Now, I've been known to throw down some crass humor, but I just can't get behind three masked men cavorting around with gynecological equipment. My mother thinks I should call the office and register an official complaint. How exactly, would that conversation go?

No comments:

Post a Comment