Friday, January 27, 2012

An Opportunity

It's time to get serious. A dear friend of mine sent me a link to a potential writing/reading gig. Cool -- a way for me to buckle down and get focused! Well, this is not just going to require focus, typing away on my laptop. NAY -- this is a full-blown audition and attempting to make the cut, and then rehearsing, and then doing a full-on reading/entertainment piece in front of an audience! YIKES! But also, AWESOME! Here is the website: http://www.listentoyourmothershow.com/dc/. I'm signed up and have a spot for an audition! For the first few moments of savoring this upcoming experience, I fantasized not about the piece I am going to present, but about the outfit that I need to buy for the audition. Then, reality began its soft and steady knock on fantasy's door: the written piece that I will present is still just a random collection of words swirling in the ethers. It's time to get serious.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news Lindsay!! Let's celebrate! I'm popping open a bottle of wine right now! Oh, wait. No. I have to do the ballet carpool and then make dinner for people. But after that, I'm definitely going to celebrate this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete